Career Recruitment – Jobs Vacancy University of Nigeria Nsukka New Job Vacancy – Nigeria 2018
Job vacancy Nigeria: Jobs Vacancy University of Nigeria Nsukka New Job Vacancy – Nigeria 2018
Job Description: Today Work Nigeria
University of Nigeria, Nsukka invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
- The Governing Council, University of Nigeria, Nsukka hereby announces that the position of Vice Chancellor of the University will soon be vacant. In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree 1993, Decree No. 11 as amended, the Council directs that applications be invited from suitably qualified and distinguished Professors with cognate experience in University teaching, research and administration.
- The Vice Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University as well as the ex-official Chairman of Senate and Member of the Governing Council.
- He is responsible to Council in matters of policy implementation in the area of finance, property/facilities, general administration and good governance of the institution.
- The Vice Chancellor is also responsible to Senate, administration of academic programme and student discipline, in consonance with extant rules and regulations.
The Candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is required to possess a good University degree including a PhD or its relevant equivalent professional qualification and should be a proven manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a person of proven integrity and administrative leadership so as to successfully lead a group of our well informed and articulate academic community;
- Possess ability to create the needed bridges between the University community on one hand, and its stake-holders on the other hand and be above petty ethnic, religious and local loyalties and biases;
- Be able to serve the full term of five years before attaining
- The retiree age of 70 years, and must be of good physical and mental health;
- Be able to perform any other lawful duties and responsibilities as may from time to time.
- Be highly distinguished and self-motivated academic of the rank of Professor with ability to provide academic leadership (Management and Administration);
- Be a successful scholar well rooted in the finest academic traditions;
- Be a successful academic who has attained a position of distinction and excellence in his or her chosen field of study;
- Be a person with good grasp of information and communication technology skills and appreciates its significance in the contemporary knowledge industry;
- Be a person of courage but humane, who can take decisive actions on the merit of facts and principles, and not on the basis of sentiments or pressures from individuals and groups;
- Possess high reputation nationally and internationally and be able to command respect of national and international academic communities through his or her track records;
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The Salary and Conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice Chancellor in all Federal Universities in Nigeria, and as may be determined by the Government/Council from time to time.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 30 copies of their Application along with 30 copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae which shall contain the following:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Educational Qualifications
- Professional and academic achievement;
- Publications listed in chronological order;
- National and International Honours/Award
- Positions held with dates
- Any other relevant information.
Applications are to be submitted in sealed envelopes marked boldly at the top left hand corner “Post of Vice Chancellor, UNN”, and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Nigeria,
Nsukka – Enugu State.
Application Deadline 15th January, 2019.
- Every candidate shall submit 30 copies of statement of his/her own vision admission for the University;
- In the case of a candidate identified and nominated by the Search Team, the Curriculum Vitae must be accompanied by a letter of consent, duly signed and dated by the candidate;
- All candidates must supply, on their application forms, the name and addresses of three referees. Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward the confidential report directly to the Registrar;