Jobs Vacancy U.S. Mission Ongoing Recruitment – Apply Now! – Nigeria 2018
Career Recruitment – Jobs Vacancy U.S. Mission Ongoing Recruitment – Apply Now! – Nigeria 2018
Job vacancy Nigeria: Jobs Vacancy U.S. Mission Ongoing Recruitment – Apply Now! – Nigeria 2018
Job Description: Today Work Nigeria
The U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria is seeking to employ eligible and qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Non-Immigrant/ Immigrant Visa Assistant
Announcement Number: Lagos-2018-072
Series/Grade: LE – 1405 8
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Permanent
Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- The incumbent performs the complex task of processing the full range of non-immigrant and immigrant visas for Nigerian citizens and third-country nationals.
- S/he refers only unusual, complex or questionable cases to the Team Lead, LES Staff supervisor, or Consular Officer.
- Incumbent will be one of the four rotating visa unit team members, who share duties over the course of the year within the Visa Unit.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: Three years of customer service work experience in the application of regulatory material or processes is required.
- Must develop a detailed knowledge of U.S. immigration laws, regulations and procedures.
- Must develop a thorough understanding of all computer-based Non-Immigrant Visa (NIV) and Immigrant Visa Overseas (IVO) programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pre-Law, Communications, or Social Science field is required.
These may be tested:
- Language: Level IV (fluent) speaking/reading/writing in English is required. Level IV (fluent) speaking/reading/writing in Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work under pressure and prioritize work to meet team requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as proficiency in keyboard, data entry skills, with the ability to type 25 WPM with 90% accuracy.
- Ability to draft correspondence, be tactful and apply sound judgement in dealing with the public and maintain appropriate confidentiality is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigera may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain:
- The military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and
- The character of service.
- Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please Click here (Pdf)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable).
Application Deadline 20th November, 2018.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the “Human Resources Office”.