Jobs Vacancy The U.S Embassy New Vacancy – Apply Now! – Nigeria 2018
Career Recruitment – Jobs Vacancy The U.S Embassy New Vacancy – Apply Now! – Nigeria 2018
Job vacancy Nigeria: Jobs Vacancy The U.S Embassy New Vacancy – Apply Now! – Nigeria 2018
Job Description: Today Work Nigeria
The U.S. Embassy in Lagos, Nigeria, is seeking to employ eligible and qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Announcement Number: Lagos-2018-051
Series/Grade: LE-09 510
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Supervisory Position: No
- The incumbent serves as the post’s nurse with responsibilities that include the medical care of Mission employees and eligible family members under MED approved clinical guidelines, as well as maintenance and inventory of all medical equipment and supplies.
- S/he implements a robust vaccination program, administration of group and individual health education programs, and medical emergency contingency planning for the Mission.
- S/he works in the Medical Unit under the direct supervision of the Regional Medical Officer (RMO) or Medical Provider (MP)
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Degree (RN Level) in Nursing or Diploma/Certificate equivalent from an accredited School of Nursing with a valid nursing license or a current unrestricted Registered Nursing license from Nigeria, country of origin, or the U.S.
- Two (2) years of post-qualification work as a professional nurse is required.
- Must possess critical-thinking skills and comprehend MED’s policies and procedures regarding medical evacuations, hospitalizations, and insurance reimbursement methodology, as well as current knowledge of local and regional medical services that can provide care for all acuity levels, including vetted specialists and hospitals. In-depth working knowledge of MED’s RN Clinical Practice Guidelines and familiarity with American Nursing Standards of Care are required.
- English Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing is required.
Skills and Ability:
- To perform basic word processing on computer; with strong interpersonal skills and a client-oriented disposition capable of dealing with complex interactive challenges in difficult and emotional situations are required.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain:
- The military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and
- The character of service
- Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
NGN 8,168,957 / USD 45,319
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit their Applications with the required documentation listed below:
- Universal Application for US Federal Employment (DS – 174)
- Application Letter addressing the Qualifications and Evaluations for the position
- Degree not with transcript
- Certificate or License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
Submit Applications to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 27th June, 2018.
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- Who May Apply: For USEFM – FP-CC is USD21, 121 – Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.