Career Recruitment – Jobs Vacancy Sunray Ventures Ongoing Recruitment – Share & Apply – Nigeria 2018
Job vacancy Nigeria: Jobs Vacancy Sunray Ventures Ongoing Recruitment – Share & Apply – Nigeria 2018
Job Description: Today Work Nigeria
Sunray Ventures is an African venture builder, addressing Africa’s core opportunities and challenges, by building and growing high-impact companies that are leaders in their respective fields. Sunray Ventures currently works in three different verticals.
We are currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Health Safety and Environment (QHSE) Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The QHSE Manager would be responsible for ensuring the company’s full compliance with Corporate HSE policies, procedures, all government legislation applicable to operations in compliance with local and international regulations and best practices. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that customer requirements are identified and that organization is meeting customer expectations.
- Participate in customers’ audits and be responsible for ensuring the execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance with customers’ specifications.
- Administer and facilitate Corrective Preventive Action Requests (CPARS) registration, follow up, verification and communication.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis Investigations in conjunction with applicable manager.
- Manage the Internal Quality Audit (IQA) and HSE Audit activities in the company to ensure that QHSE management system is uniformly implemented across the organization.
- Generate statistical reports in Quality and HSE for management review.
- Communicate information and improvement on the QHSE Management System throughout the organization and promotes QHSE awareness.
- Liaise with external/internal parties on matters relating to the QHSE Management System.
- Ensure all HSE incidents reported by the staff are properly investigated and corrective/preventive actions are established and implemented.
- Keep QHSE training records, and ensure common QHSE training standards are implemented throughout the area (i.e. QHSE specific training, management system training, individual safety certification training).
- Identify resources needed to effectively deliver and maintain the QHSE compliance training in the area to all employees
- Ensure common work standards / policies are complied with throughout the area (i.e. working at heights, electrical safety standards, etc.)
- Identify and appraise conditions, which could produce incidents and financial losses and evaluates potential extent of injuries resulting from accidents.
- Implement and ensure compliance of incident-prevention, risk management systems and programs for incorporation into common operational policies of the organization.
- Interact with both internal and external customers with regards to QHSE.
- Meet with regulatory agencies that govern our operations when the need arises.
- Meet with customer QHSE and operations representatives to ensure alignment with key customer requirements
- Put in place, establish, implement and maintain, processes required for QHSE Management systems and drive QHSE initiatives and inculcate a positive safety culture within the company.
- Ensuring that the QHSE Management System is established implemented and maintained in accordance with ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- Ensuring that all process owners, supervisors, and managers develop and maintain their part of the Quality Management System.
- Facilitate preparation of work procedures, processes, and flow charts in coordination with the concerned departments.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Management to establish supplier performance criteria, monitor supplier QHSE performance, and supervise supplier audits programs.
- Experience working with IMS (Integrated Management System) management and QHSE management systems :
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- OHSAS 18001
- Problem-solving/judgment: the ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
- Teamwork: the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team.
- Information and communication: Communicates appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data / information to meet business requirements.
- Client focus: the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction.
- Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.
- Good command of English (written & oral).
- Engineering background and NEBOSH certified candidates.
- Good knowledge of recognized HSE methods, principles & practices and ISO Quality systems.
- Practical and documented QHSE experience, preferable within the Marine, Logistics, Shipping or Oil and Gas industries a must.
- Excellent leadership & interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- The ability to effectively assess personnel and formulate career progression – succession planning
- Quality Management System Auditor / Lead Auditor certification
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Preferable Lean Six Sigma certification
- Fluency in written and oral English
- 5-10 years of QHSE related experience, QA/QC, O&G operational experience
- QMS Internal Auditor certification
- Private Health Insurance
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply