Jobs Vacancy Pathfinder International New Vacancy – Nigeria 2018
Career Recruitment – Jobs Vacancy Pathfinder International New Vacancy – Nigeria 2018
Job vacancy Nigeria: Jobs Vacancy Pathfinder International New Vacancy – Nigeria 2018
Job Description: Today Work Nigeria
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Advisor
- Guides in the implementation of strategic solutions focused on compliance and quality of the program. Supports planning for new business development.
- Ensures regularity of project management and partnership coordination meetings to ensure deliverables are delivered on time and within budget guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
- Programming Design, Planning and Implementation: Provides programmatic leadership in country programs. Works collaboratively with program staff to develop, plan, and manage activities smoothly and efficiently, and within Pathfinder’s operational policies and procedures. Leads in the design, development and implementation of innovative, effective, country appropriate programming for SRHR and SSCB to build and develop capacity of intended populations.
- Project Management: Project Budget Tracking and Reporting: Works collaboratively with finance staff to prepare and track the progress of project and activity budgets.
- Technical Assistance: Oversees technical assistance needed to execute project work plans, which may include external consultants. Provides technical assistance to country offices, host-country governments, local partners, and other agencies to assess needs and develop SRHR and SSCB standards and guidance, and/or provide SRHR and SSCB services that are responsive to the needs of intended populations.
- Meeting Planning and Management: Ensures that the project management meeting and partnership coordination meetings are organized regularly and takes minutes of those meetings.
- Project Status Reporting: Ensures timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donors.
- Shared Services: Facilitates delivery of administrative support for the Chief of Party by working collaboratively across the different directors and teams within the program and projects.
- Networking and Branding: Represents the program and projects in professional circles through meetings, conferences and presentations when needed.
- Coaching: Coaches and supports Country Directors on country capacity building model. 9. Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required key competencies.
- Prefer: Master’s degree.
- 10 years’ work experience to include managing donor relations (USG, corporate and foundation) and in-country counterpart relations (Ministry of Health officials).
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System. Foundational knowledge of the assigned countries’ public health systems.
- Technical Expertise: Ability to provide SRHR and SSCB that meet or exceed the needs of the intended population.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program.
- Program Planning and Management: Advanced skills developing strategic and tactical programming plans in cooperation with others who represent a wide range of interests and needs.
- Change Leadership: Ability to manage and lead change initiatives.
- New Business Development: Advanced skills in new business/resource development, including proposal management, program design and proposal writing.
- Facilitation and Team Building: Advanced skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language. Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills, Advanced knowledge of report writing.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Demonstrated influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Travel required (20% or less)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply