Jobs Vacancy Norwegian Refugee Council New Opening – Nigeria 2019
Career Recruitment – Jobs Vacancy Norwegian Refugee Council New Opening – Nigeria 2019
Job vacancy Nigeria: Jobs Vacancy Norwegian Refugee Council New Opening – Nigeria 2019
Job Description: Today Work Nigeria
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Technical Assistant
Ref. nr.: 4012602949
Project number: NGM 1811
Job Type: Full time
Reports to: Education Officer
Duration and type of contract: 11 Months
Start date: 16/01/2019
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the education programme.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the programme portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the programme function
- Liaises with concerned government education offices for smooth and efficient programming.
- Ensure timely supply of teaching-learning and recreational materials in the schools
- Support teachers and children to initiate activities in learning centres that meet the psycho-social needs of the displaced children and teachers.
- In consultation with the Project officer and teachers facilitate the running of sports/recreational and psycho-social activities in learning centres
- Lead in mobilization and sensitization of community members on importance of education in collaboration with PTAs, local administration and the Ministry of education.
- Lead education campaigns including developing advocacy messages for different events.
- Carry out registration of learners in established communities and learning spaces in collaboration with local leaders, teachers and PTAs.
- Assist the teachers in their work and report all protection related concerns
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure schools and learning spaces NRC is working are safe for children. Protect Children and all the project beneficiaries against any form of exploitation.
- The PA is expected to adhere to NRC CoC and always be on forefront in issues related to PSEA.
- Ensure Complains response mechanism is in place in schools and persons of concern receive feedback.
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as project deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received, distributed and losses have been properly recorded.
- Supervise the distribution of project supplies at the project sites and ensure proper distribution of entitlements and verify appropriate entitlements are distributed to beneficiaries
- Reviews document and processes which authorize distribution. Ensure that an approved procedure is followed in the registration and selection of beneficiaries and ensures that distribution list is accurately consolidated
- Fills Warehouse Management and distribution inspection checklist for the school stores visited and distributions attended.
Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Assessments: Local authorities, Field Officer, M&E
- Area operations: Field officers
- Staff capacity building: PDM, Shelter Coordinator, Education Officer, HR Officer
- Implementation: Education Officer, Field Officer
- Education staff in project area and in other NRC offices
- Project planning: Education Officer, Core CompetencyAssistants, Field Officer, M&E
Scale and Scope of Position
- Numbers and titles of staff directly managed by the postholder, and numbers of staff and daily workers/incentive staff responsible for overall in the unit (e.g. 5 project officers and 2 education assistants, 34 staff in total) – Nil
- Key external stakeholders the post has relationships with (e.g. UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies):
- Local Authorities (LGA Chairman, Bulama), Ministry of Education representatives, NGO’s Field project representatives
- List of budgets covered by postholder, and size of budget:
- Brief description of the information resources the postholder is responsible for at CO level (e.g. GORS, Agresso, Webcruiter, Intranet):
- M&E Dash board, GORS, Agresso, NRC Intranet
Legal or Compliance:
- Brief description of any legal or compliance responsibility the postholder has (term of employement, vendors, donors):
- Term of employment, Code of Conduct
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance:
- At least 1 years’ experience in similar positions
- Education degree or similar field
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience
- Experience in budget management
- Experience working with community at grass root level
- Experience working in Ministry of Education system is preferred
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Experience from working as a Project Assistant in Education programmes in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have some university degree in Education or related field
- Knowledge of the context in North East Nigeria
- Knowledge in Community Mobilization or related field.
- Knowledge of the Local languages is an advantage.
The following behavioural competencies are essential for this position:
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th January, 2019.