Jobs Vacancy Nigerian Stock Exchange Ongoing Recruitment – Nigeria 2018
Career Recruitment – Jobs Vacancy Nigerian Stock Exchange Ongoing Recruitment – Nigeria 2018
Job vacancy Nigeria: Jobs Vacancy Nigerian Stock Exchange Ongoing Recruitment – Nigeria 2018
Job Description: Today Work Nigeria
The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Manager- Litigation/ADR
Division: Shared Services Division
Department: Legal Department
Report to: Head, Legal Department
Grade: Legal Mgr- Litigation/ADR
Estimated Date Of Resumption: Monday, January 7, 2019
- The Exchange needs a consummate legal professional with a strong personality, good people management skills and the ability to work as a team player to support the Division and assist it to contain costs.
- The individual would be required to have a thorough understanding of The Exchange’s policies, overall mission and strategy, as well as a strong legal background, including stellar academic credentials. This Legal Manager reports to the Head of Legal Department of The Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world. The Department is within the Legal and Regulation Division of The Exchange.
- Drafting documents
- Supervising junior attorneys
- Participating as representative of the legal function in Committees and Projects across the enterprise
- Relating as one of the representatives of The Exchange with various Government agencies, including The Exchange’s regulator, the Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria
- Developing the required KPI’s for the Department and Council Secretariat to ensure the delivery of 1st class services
- Ensuring KPI’s are met
- Ensuring cost effective service provision for all services provided by the Legal Department and Council Secretariat, in accordance with SLAs
- Reviewing and advising on legal documentation of all types, including simple and very complex contracts
- Providing enterprise wide legal support on a myriad of issues
- Providing legal opinions and advice as requested to other employees of The Exchange and Council. Providing support to the Council and Council Committees
- Providing company secretarial services to The Exchange and its subsidiaries. Managing The Exchange’s litigation docket, including liaising with external counsel to formulate litigation strategy and monitor implementation of same
- Minimizing the exposure of The Exchange and its subsidiaries to legal liabilities. Ensuring compliance of the enterprise with all applicable laws, and providing sound legal advice on legal obligations and implications on the enterprise’s business conduct, transactions and policies
Qualifications and Experience
- A law degree (minimum of 2:1) with 7-10 years’ experience and at least 1 year of managerial experience
- Master’s Degree in Law
- Knowledge of intellectual property and employment law.
- Project Management
- Legal Drafting and Interpretation
- Litigation Management
- Legal Advisory
- Legal Risk Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Application of Legal Expertise
- Relationship Management
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th November, 2018.