Career Recruitment – Jobs Vacancy 9Mobile Ongoing Recruitment – Apply Now! – Nigeria 2018
Job vacancy Nigeria: Jobs Vacancy 9Mobile Ongoing Recruitment – Apply Now! – Nigeria 2018
Job Description: Today Work Nigeria
9mobile, is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Public Policy and Government Affairs
- Oversee the activities of the Public Policy and GovernmentAffairs Unit in maintaining effective relationships with relevant federal/state/local government departments and agencies to ensure an enabling environment for EMTS activities.
- To further track and manage policies of government across Nigeria through lobbying at formulation stages and advise the company on compliance when policies are issued.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (including ministries and government agencies).
- Lobby and make inputs to public policies across all tiers of government in Nigeria
- Provide PublicPolicy leadership and develop strategic Public Policy agenda for the Business
- Develop and manage effective working relationship with key public Officials at the Federal, State and Local levels.
- Represent EMTS government functions as approved by the Vice President, Regulatory &Corporate Affairs to achieve corporate presence and promote the EMTS brand.
- Continuouslyassist in reviewing the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Provide advisory on public policies and also periodic audit of such policies to ensure the company is aware of these policies.
- Provide advisory support on key government matters especially as it relates to the telecoms industry.
- Conduct regular political audits and provide periodic intelligence reports on emerging issues, developments/trends as required.
- Implement the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the Head, Public Policy & Government Affairs unit.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the VicePresident, Regulatory & Corporate Affairs.
- Performany other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Regulatory & CorporateAffairs.
- Identify key ministries and Agencies of government at all tiers for effective tracking of policies of government
- Maintain a matrix of key policy directions and provide Quarterly review to the company
- Identify key government stakeholders and initiate regular meetings with them as required.
- Provide relevant guidance to EMTS on issues relating to government regulations and requirements.
- Establish, developand maintain effective corporate relationship with identified government stakeholders. Ensure that EMTS’s management has adequate access to such key stakeholders as required.
- Track, manage and lead lobby effort on public policies during formulation and at implementation stages
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a relatedfield will be an added advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Nine (9) to twelve (12) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply