Jobs Recruitment At EHealth Systems Africa Kano Nigeria
- Experience 3 year(s)
- Location Kano
eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
The Grant Officer provides quality and proper stewardship of grants by managing the financial resources of donors and U.S. federal government. S/he coordinates the administrative and financial aspects of grants, federal awards, and cooperative agreements by reviewing budget completeness, and coordinates post award actions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Functions as primary point of contact for in-country eHA central office on grant-related issues
- Handles the day-to-day business management grant management (non-programmatic) aspects of grants.
- Develops, implements systems, and monitoring procedures to ensure proper stewardship of funds on pre-awards, award, post-awards, and close-out.
- Communicates regularly with internal finance department, donor, or CDC Public Health Advisors
- Conducts procurement plan as needed as required to be reviewed and/or approved by donor on funds request.
- Documents financial management and budget procedures, regular review and update Grant Management Standard Operating Procedures and relevant documents governing awards as needed.
- Adheres to internal and donor policy requirements on awards and financial management.
- Maintain comprehensive internal controls on grant and financial management system, sub-contracts, and audit requirements.
- Keeps accurate and complete financial records for each program.
- With Technical and Financial teams, conduct required reporting requirements on progress reports, performance reports, Federal Financial Reports, Invention Statement and Certification, and Equipment Inventory Report
- Monitors new funding opportunities, assist in business plan development where applicable. Works with the relevant stakeholder to ensure delivery of high quality funding submissions, reflecting outcomes focused programs.
- Keeps the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadline an deliverable, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibility throughout the life of award processes.
- Maintains current username and passwords on grant application systems and grant management software.
- Provides regular reports on the work-in-progress to the Grants Management Director
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- University degree in public health, science, business, finance, public administration, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible work experience at national and international levels in administration and project management in the public health field. NGO experience is desired.
- Background or proven experience in project management, financial management and budget monitoring. Familiar with grant management procedures and donors relations.
- Knowledge of funding management techniques to plan and organize public health program operations. Knowledge of funding concepts, principles, methods, and techniques of public health program administration
- Knowledge of funding requirements to manage, oversee and monitor public health projects and/or programs. Knowledge of the U.S. Government Code Federal Regulations (CFR) and Office of Budget and Management (OMB)
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative project
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues.Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and pays great attention to detail.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment. Ability to manage a complex and varied work load and work under pressure.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary officials or groups
- Strong skills in written and oral communications, Excellent presentation skills
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft windows and Microsoft office suite
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in Grant Management
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Math Ability/Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situation
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
why work with us?
Life at ehealth Africa means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements, should send their CV with names of 3 professional referees, one must be the current/latest supervisor and cover letter to Emmanuella Unuode, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as Grant Officer. Applications will be reviewed as they come and only short listed candidates will be contacted.