The Nigeria Cricket Federation (NCF) a non-profit organization of the Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development established to promote and develop the sport of cricket in Nigeria. The Board, which comprise of representatives from Geo-political zones and strategic partners, oversees the the activities of the NCF. The NCF is Nigeria’s representatives of the International Cricket Council (ICC).
The NCF, in alignment with its strategic direction, seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidate to fill the positions below:
Job Title: General Manager/Chief Operating Officer (GM/COO)
Overall Function of the Position
- The General Manager/Chief Operating Officer will direct and coordinate the internal operational activities of the NCF in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives approved by the Board.
- The candidate will apply his/her understanding of the sports industry to provide leadership, management and the vision necessary to ensure that the NCF has the proper organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to the management team to drive the NCF’s business towards sustainable growth
- Articulate and oversee the translation of high level corporate strategies and growth plans into business and operational strategies
- Direct internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to preserve the operational funds of the NCF
- Manage the delivery of the NCF’s budget and execution of projects as approved by the Board
- Liaise with the government and/or regulatory bodies and ensure the NCF’s interests are presented and protected
- Establish relationship with any individuals, association, institutions or bodies within or outside Nigeria having objects similar to those of the NCF
- Create platforms to promote the game of cricket in every local government across the 36 states of Nigeria, in both rural and urban settlements as well as schools
- Monitor the NCF’s performance to ensure effective implementation of the recommendation of the Board
- Direct the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby, solidify management control and and direction of the NCF
- Shape the definition of sustainability and social responsibility within the NCF and lead the adoption of the appropriate culture to entrench sustainable and socially responsible practices
- Role model ethical behaviours and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the NCF’s standards and policies, including its environmental, safety and health policies
- Monitor to ensure that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations
- Appraise and evaluate the results of overall operations regularly and systematical and reports these results to the Board
- Direct the development and establishment of adequate end equitable personnel policies throughout the NCF, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans
- Liaise with the Board to ensure that the interests and welfares of employee as individuals are preserved and protected
- Provide adequate leadership to ensure that all team members are looking for ways to systematize the business to increase efficiency
- Sustain and improve the current NCF’s tournament structures
- Develop and implement fundraising initiatives/programmes
- Establish good relationship with all major stakeholders including sponsors, Ministry of Youths and Sports Development, State Cricket bodies, Clubs, Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, Schools, ACUSN, NWACC, ACA, ICC, etc.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Finance, Economics or Business related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in operations/administration out of which 5 years must have been spent at Senior management level
- Preferably, a post graduate qualification. An MBA or relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of cricket/sports industry will be an added advantage
- Experience in Fund raising activities will also be a plus
Skills and Competencies:
- Project Management: Project management; Risk management; strategic planning; Financial and Business management
- Stakeholder Management: Knowledge of the applicable industry regulation; Communication (verbal and written); Negotiation; Sports industry and business knowledge
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety, and Environment Regulations, Good practise and Policy implementation: Internal relationship management; Leadership; and attention to detail.
Job Title: Finance and Data Officer
Overall Function of the Position
- The Finance and Data Officer is responsible for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of NCF
- The candidate will supervise the finance unit and is the financial spokesperson for the NCF
- Reports directly to the General Manager/Chief Operating Officer (GM/COO) and assist with all strategic and tactical matters that relates to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, fundraising, etc.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Assist in formulating, implementing and monitoring of the financial implication of the NCF’s strategic business plans
- Reviews and implement data management and financial policies
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management as well as the third parties to which functions have been outsourced while ensuring the implementation of operational best practices
- Understand, monitor and mitigate key elements of the NCF’s financial risks profile by maintaining reliable control systems
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Establish rules and procedure for data sharing with management and external stakeholders
- Conduct financial operations such as posting invoices, recording payables and receivables, bank reconciliation, financial reports preparation, etc.
- Organise and coordinate fund raising project for the NCF
- Liaise with banks to monitor cash balances and arrange for loans where necessary
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the NCF including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and manage employee insurance plans and healthcare coverage analysis
- Direct the maintenance of the NCF’s fixed assets, including assets purchased with government funds (computers, etc.) assuring all are in accordance with federal regulations and ensures adequate cash flow to meet the NCF’s needs
- Support employees in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company’s standards
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Implement Data Protection Policies to ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, IT, Economics, or any related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, 3 of which must have been in a management position interfacing with the executive team and financial partners
- Relevant professional certifications, e.g Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or its equivalent would be an advantage
- Experience of statutory financial reporting especially for not-for-profit organisations is desirable.
Skills and Competencies:
- Business Planning and Analysis: Budgeting, financial forecasting and cost cotrol; financial reporting; Data administration and management; Financial planning and analysis; and Tax planning/management
- Knowledge of Relevant Accounting Software: Communication (verbal and written); leadership; knowledge of modern database and information system technologies; problem solving skills; and advanced Excel skills
- Relationship Management: Stakeholder management; negotiation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications which should include the following below to “The Secretary General, Nigeria Cricket Federation” by mail (using the Ref: “Career Opportunities in the NCF”) to: email@example.com
- A detailed CV
- Cover letter containing current salary, benefits and expectations
- Copies of Academic and Professional Certificate
- Contact details of Two (2) referees.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 18th February, 2018.