Consultant at Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Nigeria 2019
Consultant at Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Nigeria 2019
Employment Opportunity Nigeria: Consultant at Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Nigeria 2019
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
- Job TypeFull Time
4 – 5 years
Abia, Adamawa, Bayelsa, Delta, Ekiti, Enugu, Katsina, Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Ogun, Plateau, Taraba, Yobe
- Job Field
Job ID: 13-10755
Location: State Offices (Abia, Adamawa, Bayelsa, Delta, Ekiti, Enugu, Katsina, Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Ogun, Plateau, Taraba and Yobe)
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 – Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: State LMCU Coordinator
Slot: 14 Openings
- The Key role of the consultant is to build capacity of State LMCU to integrate and strengthen all procurement and supply chain systems, coordinate all supply chain stakeholders to align their systems and synchronize their activities with the LMCU while driving routine performance improvement.
- In Addition, the consultant will help to build capacity of State LMCU to collect, report and analyze logistic data, to routinely determine and report all risks and issues at health facilities within the state.
- He/she will work with the State LMCUs and in close collaboration with the NPSCMP, State Ministry of Health, Implementing Partners and other PSM stakeholders in the State.
- Engage and build consensus of all supply chain stakeholders (programs, partners, government) to align their systems and synchronize their activities (including work plans) with the LMCU
- Support state LMCU to ensure all active facilities within the state are on the NHLMIS platform
- Integrate all procurement and supply chain systems in the State into the LMCU mainstream and the set-up, operationalization and optimization of LGA LMCU units and data collection & reporting to respective stakeholders
- Support LGA LMCU, through scheduled rotational visits, to improve all data quality indices timeliness, accuracy and completeness and support improvement of data quality through desk review and onsite validation.
- Ensure the deployment of capacity building interventions designed to build LGA LMCU capacity to perform their responsibilities as outlined in the LGA Coordination and Reporting framework. This will include building LGA LMCU capacity to conduct audits, lead operational improvements, train facility staff, collate data, provide reports, manage performance, conduct supportive supervision and mentoring etc.
- Actively search for and manage risks that may affect the successful integration, alignment, synchronization and performance of LMCU activities
- Ensure that all activities performed in the LMCU transcend output towards expected outcomes i.e. build capacity of LMCU to effectively manage both out-sourced and owned activities
- Use the risk and issue visibility report to determine and schedule appropriate interventions required to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Prepare and submit summary of supply chain performance improvement reports on key indicators i.e. (reporting rate, stock out rate, wastage rate and LMCU funding rate)
- Monitor, track and document supply chain indicators based on performance monitoring framework at state level
- Participate in relevant supply chain meetings at LGA and State levels and report outcomes through the state LMCU to different disease program focal points of Global Fund Principal Recipients
- S/he will support the LGA and state LMCU to ensure availability of quality LMIS reports from supported facilities and that the LMIS reports are complete, accurate and submitted timely to the state LMCU
- S/he, in collaboration with the PRs, shall support the LMCU to prepare the Last Mile Distribution order and review same to ensure that prepared LMDs reflect LMIS reports submitted by supported health facilities
- S/he shall support the LMCU to work in collaboration with relevant IPs and stakeholders in the state for continuous tracking LMD/resupply to ensure timely, complete and accurate resupplies to the health facilities.
- Through the LMCU and LGA LMCU, the consultant shall, support facility focal persons in logistics to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of LMIS reports
- Through the LMCU and LGA LMCU, the consultant shall, support facility focal persons in logistics to ensure continuous availability of commodities at the facilities; supporting facilities to place emergency orders when necessary.
- Through the LMCU and LGA LMCU, the consultant shall, support facilities to maintain excellent inventory of commodities, ensuring proper documentation of expired commodities, separated from useable one.
- Through the LMCU and LGA LMCU, s/he shall support facilities to track commodity utilization and ensure stock levels are within min-max levels; avoiding overstocking and out of stock.
- Through the LMCU and LGA LMCU, the consultant shall, support the health facilities to carry out stock audit exercise to ensure accountability and transparency.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, and Logistics, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Public Health, Logistics Management or other health related degree
- 4 – 5 years working experience in health programs and/or supply-chain industry, preferably in supply chain management for medical supplies
- Experience in logistics management of HIV, TB and malaria commodities,
- Strong leadership and people’s skills to use different advocacy tools to strengthen the supply chain system,
- Demonstrable evidence of ability to transfer skills
- Professional training in Supply Chain Management or related fields is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office package (such as excel, word, and PowerPoint) and internet proficiency,
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Sciences For Health – MSH career website on jobs-msh.icims.com to apply