Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Procurement Analyst/Manager Nigeria
Employment Opportunity Nigeria: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Procurement Analyst/Manager Nigeria
Job Description : Today Work Nigeria
We are looking for a resourceful Procurement Analyst/Manager to play a key role in the supply chain management process of our company. The primary responsibility of the Procurement Analyst/Manager is to serve as the liaison between the company and vendors. His/her duties involve sourcing and vetting vendors, negotiating contracts, analyzing stocks & stocks control and presenting deals to decision makers.
- The successful candidate will evaluate vendors based on price, quality, availability, reliability and technical support.
- He will work with other departments and determine the organization’s needs by participating in the development of specifications; studying sales records, inventory levels, replenishment cycles and product lead time; and assessing supply-side market conditions.
- He gathers information by meeting and interviewing suppliers, attending conferences and trade shows, taking on-site tours of factories and plants, and researching trade journals, publications and catalogs.
- Analysts prepare reports on each vendor, product and service to submit for review. Once the preferred supplier has been determined, analysts issue bids and negotiate contract terms.
- Inspect and Test Vendor Products
- Responsible for inspecting and testing samples of whatever the vendors in the retail industry are selling. Document features and benefits of each product and use this information to make final purchasing decision.
- Communicate Company Needs with Vendors
- Understands the needs of the company, and then communicate said needs with potential vendors.
- Negotiate Supply Contracts with Vendors
- Closing deals with vendors. This requires good negotiation skills.
- Evaluate and Compare Vendors
- Procurement Analyst has to be expert at the cost-benefit analysis. Able to use this analytical tool to compare vendors and choose the one that best fits the needs of the company.
- Document Costs and Generate Reports
- He will be responsible for documenting the costs for all vendors, as well as generating monthly cost reports to stakeholders. He will also document the communication cycle with potential vendor leads.
- Extensive knowledge of Merchandise
- Procurement Analyst must be knowledgeable in retail merchandise. Be able to analyze & manage stocks and balance between enough to meet customers demand and not too much where it is causing a drain on cash flow.
- Stock Control
- Ability to work out how much stock is needed by maintaining opening stock level, stocks re-order level, minimum holding level, products prioritizing fast selling, slow moving & dead stocks.
- Analytical Skills
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Collaborative Skills
- A bachelor degree in Engineering, Accounting, Business or Finance
- Hands on experience in Procurement preferably in a Retail Industry
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550053 to apply for this job .