2018 Jobs Vacancy Financial Accountant Nigeria
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Financial Accountant Nigeria
Employment Opportunity Nigeria: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Financial Accountant Nigeria
Job Description : Today Work Nigeria
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
- The Financial Accountant at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited, would be expected to prepare, develop and analyze management accounting information for internal and external stakeholders; and to oversee responsible utilization of Sahel resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Entering accurate and timely transaction information into Sahel’s accounting system
- Reviewing payment request including travel advances and reconciliation documents and ensure compliance with Sahel’s policies
- Working with Team Member and Management to implement grant tracking/monitoring system, monitoring grant expenditures in order to identify any irregularities.
- Managing payroll for staff and expense reimbursements for all staff
- Preparing cash flow statements and expenditure accounts
- Maintaining financial documents and a robust filing system
- Monitoring cash flow and work closely with the Accounting Team and Management to manage shortfalls/ surpluses
- Analyzing variances and explore potential problems with project budget, working closely with staff to forecast and address any variances
- Preparing financial reports for internal and external use on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Processing checks and expenditure (travel advances, imprest and purchase requisition)
- Participating in internal and external audits by providing auditors with accounting documents as requested and provide explanations for audit queries
- Managing compliance with Nigerian tax laws
- Managing petty cash transactions
- Any other responsibility assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related course.
- Professional qualification – in accounting or finance (Preferably ACA).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Deep knowledge of best practices in financial management required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint required; familiarity with Peachtree, or similar finance and accounting software, preferred
- Financial management and financial reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
- Knowledge of various financial reporting forms – an advantage
- Knowledge of consulting based accounting and experience with developed consulting firms is a plus
- Strong personal integrity and accountability
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document (consisting of Cover Letter and CV).
- Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications
- Applicants are strongly advised not to do phone calls.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/549152 to apply for this job .