Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Director of Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion, Agricultural Nigeria Nigeria
Employment Opportunity Nigeria: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Director of Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion, Agricultural Nigeria Nigeria
Job Description : Today Work Nigeria
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium is recruiting for the anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness project.
- The goal of the project is to create a catalytic investment mechanism which links smallholder farmers to the private sector and to create a positive business enabling environments for thriving agribusiness sector.
Purpose of Position
- The Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion Director will provide overall technical leadership in the areas of gender equality integration and youth programming.
- S/he will collaborate with other members of the project team to plan and implement the annual Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion Analysis and ensure that the results inform the annual work plan.
Collaboratively s/he will introduce gender-transformative activities and/or scale up of evidence-based interventions promote gender equality and meet the needs of youth.
- Plan and execute the annual Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion Analysis.
- Ensure that the results of the Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion Analysis translate into the workplan and quarterly into the collaborative learning and adapting (CLA) activities.
- Plan and implement capacity-building activities in collaboration with partner organizations,
- Conduct and build capacity in gender analysis (project partners, district planners, etc.)
- Develop annual gender and youth work plans and budgets in consultation with other program team members, finance, and M&E team, and monitor the implementation of these work plans and budget.
- Identify and monitor gender-related project indicators to promote and document gender equality in project interventions.
- Maintain up-to-date statistics and gender program data in collaboration with the M&E department for the project’s gender-related performance reporting.
- Document best practices and lessons learned in implementing gender equality and youth development activities in the project. Write reports, success stories, technical briefs and abstracts for presentations.
- Master’s degree in Gender, Agronomy, and Development or Masters in general or Social sciences.
- 10+ years’ work experience including Five or more years conducting gender analysis and integration,
- Demonstrated familiarity with standard gender analysis and integration tools and methodologies, and knowledge of evidence-based interventions to promote gender-equality in agriculture-based projects
- Field experience in agriculture programs
- Experience interpreting qualitative and quantitative data.
- Conceptual thinker with excellent organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail
- Experience as a trainer with a strong track record of implementing training strategies and programs.
- Experience working with a range of local government officials and government facilities desired.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Computer literacy with standard business software (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with US. Government-funded programs is desirable.
- Must be capable of working both in a team and independently to implement the duties described above.
- Willingness to travel within the country 25% of his/her work time.
- Nigerian Nationals Strongly Encouraged to Apply
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/550249 to apply for this job .